Thursday 19 May 2016

Embossed butterflies & a stencil.


Hi everyone, I'm not sure where the last few weeks went !
There's been quite a few things to deal with so sadly I've not had the time or energy to make cards.
Hopefully I'm back on track now.


This background has been sitting on my desk for ages. I sprayed Hueys mists and Goosebumps through a stencil. The Goosebumps spray gives a lovely texture and resists the ink, bit hard to see in the pic though.

The butterflies are from  Darkroom Door set that I've had for ages too, although I'd never used this one. I used Versafine ink, clear embossed them, then coloured with Inktense pencils.

I'm linking up to a few challenges:


Anything but Cute are celebrating their 1st anniversary. Congratulations!
Mixed media is not my usual style but I'm incorporating elements of it into my clean and layered style and trying to mix it up!. I love playing with inks and trying new techniques.



CAS Mix up card challenge


I've used stamping, heat embossing. stencilling with sprays and goosebump texture, die cutting and fussy cutting.

Bizzy Bec's Store Blog has an anything goes theme.

Blog Banners

Word Art Wednesday also has an anything goes theme.

Grab our badge:

Supplies:
Darkroom Door Wings stamp; versafine ink, clear ep: Memory Box texture diamond stencil; Hueys mists; Goosebumps texture spray; Lawn Fawn Happy Birthday to you die (modified to suit).

Thanks for visiting,
Cathy x

17 comments:

Loll said...

A real "WOW" card Cathy!! Love the background ... so artsy and beautiful. And love your gorgeous butterflies. Am loving your mixed media cards! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Bonnie said...

What an awesome mixed media background, Cathy! And those butterflies are so bright and beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Vintagehandmade said...

Gorgeous mixed media card! Love your background and those awesome butterflies! Thank you so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT

Kath said...

A fabulous card - I love the background and it's perfect for your beautiful butterflies.
Kath x

Unknown said...

Quite a magnificent background for those beautiful butterflies. Thank you so much for posting this lovely creative art in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #230-#231 - Anything Goes.
Blessings, Carole
PS I'm glad your energy is returning

Susan said...

Beautiful butterflies against a fabulous background. Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up.

nancy littrell said...

Don't you love when you can use saved backgrounds?!? Your background worked beautifully for your Gorgeous heat embossed and colored butterflies. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs...

sarascloset said...

Cathy, I'm so happy you were able to get back into making cards, after a few rough weeks, because this is beautiful! I love your mixed media background and those gorgeous butterflies! Thank you for Celebrating Your Style with us at Anything But Cute and for your wishes! Hugs! Sara Emily DT

MaryH said...

Hi Cathy, good to see you, and remind me to zip over to see what you've been up to. I LOVE that wonderful background. Well done with the spraying thru a stencil. Mine always look blobby and runny. This one is lovely, and a perfect perch for those magnificent butterflies. TFS & Happy wkend. Hugs

Anita in France said...

What a delicious background for those beautiful butterflies, Cathy ... so striking ... and gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Brenda in IN said...

Time does have a way of getting away when other things come up. It would be wonderful to have card time every day. I love the look of the spray through the stencil. Your butterflies are colored so pretty.

Susanne Vargas said...

Just adore your card with the beautiful butterflies and the artsy background!
Sorry that I am so late in commenting but I've had a crazy, busy week (not quite over yet) and am only now starting to catch up with my blogging friends!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

WOW- those butterflies look like they are real!!! Fantastic card!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous card and art, love it ! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I've come over here to see what I've missed. xx

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh wow, Cathy! This is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us and please know how grateful I am to have you play along.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi Cathy, a really superb card!!
... thanks so much for sharing at Bizzy Becs anything goes challenge and also congrats on winning this month's prize, really thrilled for you.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz. Xxx

Carol said...

Hi Cathy,
Congratulations your win this month. It is a beautiful card. Well done.
Carol x