Saturday 13 September 2014

Metal Autumn leaves


Hi, I've been playing with twinkling H2O's today. 
I painted a few butterflies but decided to go with a flower again for this card.

(I apologize for the shine in the photo, I just can't get the angle right when photographing metal!)

I was inspired by the theme at The Mixed Media Card Challenge, to use autumn colours with an optional twist of metal or leaves.


I coloured the diecut leaves with  alcohol inks in rust, cranberry, meadow and butterscotch.
The flower is vellum stamped and embossed in gold, and coloured with twinkling H20s.
 I fussy cut 2 of them and layered on foam dots to add dimension. I also scored along the edge of the centre panel to finish it off.

I'm also linking up to the challenge at  Fantasy Stampers. Here is the gorgeous inspiration pic.


This is a new challenge for me, you must use at least 1 stamp in your project (not a digi).

The challenge at Seize the Birthday has an optional toppings of sweet treats.
I'm just playing along with anything goes.


Materials used:
Stampin Up Flower Shop stamp; Elizabeth Craft Designs curvy leaves die; metal sheet; vellum; alcohol inks; twinkling H2O's; sentiment sticker.

Thanks for visiting,
enjoy the rest of your weekend,
Cathy x

12 comments:

Anita in France said...

Oh my, Cathy, this is stunning ... the shine on the metal is fantastic ... and that vellum bloom is simply gorgeous ... the shimmer and dimension are so beautiful! Anita :)

roffeycreations said...

Your cards just get better and better Cathy!!! Simply stunning... Mxxx

Loll said...

This card is fabulous Cathy. LOVE the metal leaves colored with alcohol inks, and the vellum flower with the twinkling H2O's ... the colours are all so perfect together. I had to click on your photo so I could take a closer look ... so beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Mixed Media Card Challenge. Loll xx

Brenda in IN said...

I'm loving this card. The leaves are beautiful and the bloom is gorgeous. Alcohol inks make these leaves stunning.

JayBe said...

So glad you found us at Fantasy Stampers, Cathy - I love the combination of the metal leaves with the vellum flower on your card. Thanx for sharing with us for our 'Autumn Colours' challenge and good luck.
Hugz Jan (DT) xx
http://jaybescraftybitz.blogspot.co.uk/

Bonnie said...

I love how you've colored this flower on vellum! It's got me wanting to check out those Twinkling H2Os! And the leaves are beautifully colored! Wow!

Janet's Joy said...

So gorgeous!! I love the shine. I'm going to have to try my twinks on some vellum!
So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous, I love the metallic layered flower :) thank you for sharing with MMCC!

OttawaMom said...

Those metal leaves are fabulous! A stunning creation. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

debbi taylor said...

this is just beautiful!
thank you for joining in the challenge at fantasy stampers
hugs
Debbi DT x

My Paper Epiphany said...

Hi Cathy. Your card is really pretty and I love the colours on the metal! I quite like the shine in the photo - shows that it is metal!

shirley-bee said...

Gorgeous card - I love how the light catches those delicate leaves. Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Card Challenge!