Sunday 28 September 2014

Birthday stars


Hi again, I've been doing bits of everything today. Made a really yummy date loaf with weet bix as 1 of the ingredients, it sounded a bit odd but tastes delicious!

 I wanted to add some balloons to this tag but my efforts at drawing or tracing things weren't much chop! Luckily I had this star die to use instead.
This card feels much busier than my usual CAS cards but I do like the stripey dp.

I'm linking up to the anything goes challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday.

At Seize the Birthday it's an anything goes birthday theme with the option of a banner or pennants topping.



I used snippets of cardstock for my stars and die cut sentiment so I'm visiting the playground at
Pixie's Crafty Workshop. (The sparkly stars were "collected" from a dinner we went to and they had decorated the table with them.)

Supplies:
Papertrey Ink star die; Fiskars label punch; Penny Black Hooray die; versamark ink and silver ep for the tag edges; tiny sentiment sticker; glossy accents; silver cord and dp from stash.

Thanks for visiting,
 Cathy x

12 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Cathy

A stunning card, love the striped background and brilliant use of snippets for the stars.

luv
irene
xxxx

Karen M said...

Love your rainbow card Cathy - all those colours are so pretty:) Your date loaf sounds delicious too...hugs xx

roffeycreations said...

A departure from the norm yes - but impressive Mxxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Cathy..I have all my Grandma's recipes written in ink and her date loaf was amazing:) I have laminated all the pages now because they were getting so brown huggles Sue xxx

Anita in France said...

What a fantastic rainbow background, Cathy ... those shimmery stars are so celebratory! Date loaf sounds good ... yum.my! Anita :)

Glenda J said...

What a great colour combo! Great design and I love the hit of sparkle. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Di said...

Hi Cathy - great card and I love the fact that you (ahem) acquired the stars at a dinner party :) Waste not want not!

Hugs, Di xx

Brenda said...

What a fun and festive card! I so love that tag with the stars on the end of the ribbons, so clever and fun! The strips on the base card add to the festive touch to this card. Love it! Hugs Brenda

debby4000 said...

Fabulous starrry card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great use of the stars. A true celebration for the eyes!

Colleen said...

What a wonderful sparkly card! Love that Hooray die especially cut with shiny paper! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Mrs A. said...

Really thought you had picked out the colours on the stars from card you had that matched the dp. They do look fab on the paper. Hugs Mrs A.