Tuesday 9 July 2013

Shades of Grey


Hi, I made this card for the challenge at Less is More, where the theme is to create a CAS project using at least 2 shades of grey. There are lots of fabulous creations so far.

 I could only think of clouds (it's very overcast here today!) I was also inspired by the Cloud Candy I received from Loll at Stamping with Loll. Here's a pic.


There's a gorgeous cloud sponged background behind these lovely diecuts too. I'm still treasuring them and will use them one day!

 I drew a couple of cloud templates and cut them out of a cereal box. Then I sponged with Memento London fog and a little bit of an old ink, Artnic Chateau Gray.

I messed up stamping my sentiment straight on the card so stuck one over the top! It's from Hero Arts Find Joy. I stamped this in Versafine Smokey Grey and clear embossed it.

I'm also entering the challenge at Make It Monday where the theme is anything goes, to share creativity.

And the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show, where the theme is to use a little stamping on your project. I stamped my sentiment.

Thanks for visiting :)

17 comments:

photogroff said...

Thats why my cornflakes are in a bag lol...

Di said...

Absolutely brilliant Cathy! You'll be awash with clouds shortly :)

Hugs, Di xx

Sue - said...

Fabulous! What a great take on the theme.

Shirley-Anne said...

Good luck ..every cloud has a silver lining as the saying goes. Beautiful creation . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

roffeycreations said...

Very nice clouds - corn flakes - I might cut some cloud stencils - I have spare blanks when I was into stencilling... Mxx

Candy C said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the clouds! You've made them look so realistic with your blending and shading. From a cereal box?!? Wow! I also think your card is so striking because it is so monotone. It would have had a totally different feeling had you made the sky blue and the clouds puffy white. I really like this! And...the sentiment on top of the other "messed up" sentiment. I would have never known had you not told us! I love the matted look of your sentiment! Nice job! Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fantastic card Cathy, love it!

Warm hugs
Maarit

rachel said...

what a wonderful idea Cathy - love this xx

Helen J said...

Love those clouds! Superb card.

Bonnie said...

You've achieved such dimension in your cloudy sky! What a perfect sentiment for this card! And a beautiful cloudy sky!

Chrissie said...

What a terrific effect, beautifully done!
Super card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card-i just love the clouds you have made,and they look fabulous in grey-and such a perfect sentiment too :)
Best wishes,Nessa xx

Kylie said...

Your sponging is amazing, Cathy. Beautiful card. Isnt Lolls card candy just awesome? Your card caught my eye over at MIM xx

Sue said...

Fabulous sponging on the clouds, Cathy!

Kathyk said...

Just a fabulous card and concept

Kathyk

Viv said...

Fab card Kathy, just love those clouds :) VIv xx

Maire Gamber said...

What a beautiful job coloring your clouds!!!! I Adam your newest follower.

Hugs, Marie
http::thejoyofcards.blogspot.com