Monday 10 June 2013

Purple Floral Get Well


\Hi, I've been playing with another new purchase. I've never used stencils before but bought a couple at the craft show to try some different techniques.

I used a finger dauber to pounce distress ink onto this stencil. The outline is actually raised a little bit which was a surprise. I coloured the image with Prismacolor pencils, blending them with odorless mineral spirits and a paper stump. The blending wasn't as easy as it normally is, but that could just be operator issues!!

I'm going to enter the challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More, where the theme is a colour challenge. 


I tried to match my colours as closely as possible as I don't have Stampin Up card stock, inks or markers.

I'm also entering the challenge at Make it Monday where the theme is Anything Goes.

Thanks for visiting :)

16 comments:

roffeycreations said...

Very nice and quite unexpected considering what we purchased to use with the stencils... very versatile obviously... lovely colouring Cathy !! Mxx

Michelle said...

Hi

Such a pretty card, love the stencilling.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Beverley said...

Cathy...I saw your lovely card on Make it Monday and had to stop by and check out the rest of your beautiful work...great blog...and thanks for sharing.

stampin' hugz
Beverley

sandie said...

Gorgeous design, love the the bright and bold blooms and the use of acetate for the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Cathy! Lovely stencilling and fabulous use of the colours, great job. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Thank you for your comment Cathy... You have some very beautiful cards on your blog too. I think I'm about to become your newest follower. X

MaryH said...

This is beautiful, and I'm going to have to try this technique. Not tried stencils with the pencils. Gamsol is fun, and something I've not done for a while, so forget about having that little trick. Loved the gold sticker on the vellum. You did a wonderful card, and thanks for the inspiration. Hugs

Loll said...

Really beautiful card Cathy. Love the images from your stencils and the way you've used the distressed inks. Thanks for joining us at ATS&M. Loll xx

loz said...

Fabulous card and colors Cathy. Visited from MIM..Loz

Karen M said...

Gorgeous card - I have never used stencils but the effect looks amazing! hugs xx

Anonymous said...

Super card Cathy. Really enjoyed reading how you made this. TFS. Thank you for playing along with the ATS&M challenge.
Florence x

Andrea W said...

Beautiful floral card! I love the colors. I found you at Make It Monday.

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh so very very beautiful. Your stenciling is perfectly done. Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATS&M.

Deepti Stephens said...

Wow wow.. :) Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM. Good luck.. :)

Darnell said...

This is really beautiful, Cathy! I love the gold vellum sentiment and would love to know how you attached it!

Cathy said...

Thanks Darnell, the sentiment is a sticker on vellum. I cut small squares of foam tape into 4 and positioned them behind the words so you can't see them! I'm glad it worked :) I had to try and get the tape on paper and not the coloured image as the tape didn't adhere to the waxy pencil areas very well :) Cathy x